Web Developer (Back-end)
PFG Bulgaria is an IT company focused on delivering services to clients, helping them grow their business sustainably. We have 2 main departments - Software Development and HR services.
For 10 years we have been focused on developing end-to-end e-commerce solutions and establishing relations with our partners. We delivered some awesome projects, developed a custom Magento hosting solution and provide 99% uptime, manage more than 200K served pages per day, and ensure optimal performance and shopping experience for our users. Our efforts have resulted in less than 500 ms page load.
Now the company is growing and we need to expand to meet the demand of our partners and their customers. The company has always been focused on developing and maintaining the solutions we build, so we are not just a web studio. We build, host, and maintain most of the solutions we create, which gives us a lot of flexibility and room for using cool technologies.
On a side, but important, note - we operate a small team where personal relations matter. Our structure is flat and everyone’s voice is heard. So it is up to us to make our work “fun and exciting to do”, rewarding, and meaningful. We strive to build reliable systems as a team.
As a Web Developer at PFG Bulgaria, you will work on building and maintaining mostly the newer projects in our portfolio. You will be part of our effort to modernize our clients' stores, expand and automate the management of our hosting solution, and launch our own paid e-commerce service. As the builder eventually becomes the maintainer, delivering quality software that’s easy to set up, maintain, and expand is key.
You will code side by side with our CTO, so you will be able to influence technology choices, make suggestions and implement new features.
You will learn new technologies, and work on internal systems with a lot of freedom to choose frameworks and languages.
Your day-to-day experience will mostly consist of developing and, if you’re in the office, hanging with colleagues. We manage work through JIRA, and we have to 2 scheduled meetings, 1 to start the day and one to end it no more than 15 min each, just to catch up and update on working tasks.
- Good understanding of any of these: PHP (7.4+), Golang, NodeJS with TypesScript;
- Good understanding of programming concepts, and design patterns - not as a theoretical concept but as written code;
- Solid understanding of APIs, (REST is a must, GraphQL and gRPC are advantages);
- Database Knowledge - MySQL is required and it’s good to have NoSQL DB knowledge;
- Wring types - we love our TypeScript interfaces and typed PHP and Go Structs;
- Docker knowledge - All our projects run in Docker environments, and you only need to have docker to start a dev environment;
- Linux (Ubuntu) is an advantage - You can use whatever OS you like, but using Ubuntu gives you some automation advantages and makes your work easier;
- AWS services knowledge is considered an advantage;
- Git and Jira knowledge is an absolute must.
By joining PFG Bulgaria Ltd. you get a salary tied to your skill level, additional health insurance, (soon multisport), flexible work time, and an understanding management team.
You will be part of an awesome group of fun and smart people willing to put in the work and build great things together. You will benefit from the freedom of personal responsibility and the trust of the management team. You will also learn a lot and get to experiment and build cool things. Our corporate structure is flat, and you will be part of a friendly and fun team and have regular discussions at lunch on the deep and shallow questions of life.
Plus, our office is in a great location, and you will also have the chance to work from home.
Send us your up-to-date CV in English via the "Apply Online" button below! If shortlisted, we will contact you with more details for further discussion of this job opportunity.