Senior DevOps Engineer for Coursera Labs Bulgaria
Your next experience as a Senior DevOps Engineer is transforming lives through learning! You have the chance to become part of the biggest provider of open online courses with 43+ million learners worldwide and more than 190 partner companies and universities – Coursera.
Now, Coursera is taking a significant step in its development by making its first acquisition ever, and announcing Coursera Labs – a new capability that allows partners to create hands-on projects using almost any third-party software application. Moreover, as part of its initiative, the company is planning to build a new R&D center here, in Sofia, and we are excited to be looking for Senior DevOps Engineers to join their team.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer in Coursera Labs, you will be the backbone of the team – the support that everyone needs and depends on. The product is set up in such a way that any changes in the infrastructure impact a significant portion of the users so making sure that it is stable, secure and scalable is of utmost importance.
You will develop, maintain and provision a highly scalable cloud infrastructure on AWS and Google Cloud and you will get the chance to play with the newest technologies in the field. If you are up for the challenge and you can’t wait to dive into an environment where experimentation and changes are the norms, then you just might be the person we’re looking for.
- 4+ years of experience in infrastructure engineering, preferably on a DevOps role;
- Experience with managing and administrating both Windows and Linux virtual servers;
- Strong understanding of security for servers and infrastructure clusters;
- Hands-on experience with AWS, including EC2, RDS, Route53 and Elastic Transcoder;
- Experience with other cloud providers like Google Cloud or Digital Ocean is highly desirable;
- Experience with scripting for automation (Python or Bash) and automation tools like Ansible;
- Good knowledge of DevOps tools like Kubernetes and Docker;
- Fluency in English.
It would be great if you have experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) tools like Terraform.
YOUR NEXT EXPERIENCE will give you more!
By joining Coursera, you will work with talented professionals in a friendly atmosphere, where open communication, personal growth, and continuous learning are highly valued and the company will provide you with multiple free training resources. Development with recent technologies and to the highest quality is of great importance but also work-life balance is deeply valued.
Hence, Coursera also offers:
- Additional health insurance;
- Flexible working hours and home office;
- Option to work fully remote;
- A company-provided laptop;
- Additional allowance for internet expenses, cell phone bills, office equipment, headphones, etc.
- Fully covered tuition for master programs at some of the top universities worldwide (the University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, the University of Illinois to name a few);
- Free access to courses offered on Coursera for you and your family & friends;
- Permanent full-time contract with Coursera Inc. Branch Bulgaria.
If this opportunity is one that you just cannot wait to dive into, let us know by submitting your recent CV in English via the "Apply Online" button below. If shortlisted we will be happy to meet you and discuss the details.