Senior Front-End Engineer for Coursera Labs Bulgaria
Your next experience as a Senior Front-End Engineer is transforming lives through learning! You have the chance to become part of the biggest provider of open online courses with 43+ million learners worldwide and more than 190 partner companies and universities – Coursera.
Now, Coursera is taking a significant step in its development by making its first acquisition ever, and announcing Coursera Labs – a new capability that allows partners to create hands-on projects using almost any third-party software application. Moreover, as part of its initiative, the company is planning to build a new R&D centre here, in Sofia, and we are excited to be looking for Senior Front-End Engineers to join their team.
As part of the Coursera Labs team, you will be actively involved in the development of this innovative React platform for hands-on learning that lets users build virtual projects and execute them from an internet browser. “Learn by doing” is the team’s motto – a concept they truly embrace and employing the most current and high-level IT developments is part of their daily tasks.
Hence, by joining the Labs team, staying up-to-date with the latest front-end technologies will be an integral part of your job. Moreover, you will take a huge role not only in the implementation but also in the solution design by proposing architectural decisions, proof of concept, etc.
Last but not least, you will be responsible for the provision of algorithmic efficiency, software reliability, and consistency, as well as ensuring high performance in the critical parts of the application and continuous improvement of the overall user experience.
- Extensive experience in developing responsive web applications;
- Deep understanding of programming fundamentals and SPA frameworks;
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies and platforms as they come up;
- The initiative to suggest new software solutions and add value to the user;
- Fluency in English.
It would be great if you also have experience with TypeScript and React-Redux architecture.
YOUR NEXT EXPERIENCE will give you more!
By joining Coursera, you will work with talented professionals in a friendly atmosphere, where open communication, personal growth, and continuous learning are highly valued and the company will provide you with multiple free training resources. Development with recent technologies and to the highest quality is of great importance but also work-life balance is deeply valued.
Hence, Coursera also offers:
- Additional health insurance;
- Flexible working hours and home office;
- Option to work fully remote;
- A company-provided laptop;
- Additional allowance for internet expenses, cell phone bills, office equipment, headphones, etc.
- Fully covered tuition for master programs at some of the top universities worldwide (the University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, the University of Illinois to name a few);
- Free access to courses offered on Coursera for you and your family & friends;
- Permanent full-time contract with Coursera Inc. Branch Bulgaria.
If this opportunity is one that you just cannot wait to dive into, let us know by submitting your recent CV in English via the "Apply Online" button below. If shortlisted we will be happy to meet you and discuss the details.